Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Site wordle!


A reader made a wordle of this blog using wordle.net. She correctly predicted that I'd be surprised at the content. I wonder how the words are weighted (times repeated? times viewed? combination? other things?), so I tried to find the source code for these wordles, but the creator is not able to share it. Oh well! It's nifty. It's weird that some things are repeated (childfree happens twice, as does church and parenthood) and it's crazy that "want" is apparently that prominent in my vocabulary.

2 comments:

  1. afitzonaritz@gmail.comJune 22, 2012 at 7:57 AM

    Is the person who made this wordle friend or foe? It seems rather biased. I'm surprised that words like "church," "pray," and "baby" are rather small. Anything about medical school? Or the Blessed Mother? Can the size/color of words be controled? All and all, I'm not certain this accurately reflects your content. To me, this wordle reflects a different agenda. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your concern is really touching, afitzonaritz! Thank you so much.

      I know the reader who submitted it is a friend, but wordle.net uses an unknown algorithm that was probably based on the three posts on the homepage at that time. I made one today and got a completely different result (http://worditout.com/word-cloud/91749). I didn't use the same site (ah, plugins!) but I expect the results would be similarish.

      In any case, thanks for looking out for me. Happy feast of Sts. Thomas More and John Fisher!

      Delete