Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Stream Change

So a classmate contacted all the students who are spending third and fourth year with me (in a different city from where we've spent first and second year; our school farms third- and fourth-years out to four different cities for greater experience, etc, etc). He has several friends' weddings happening in March and wanted to switch with someone who didn't have "IMED" (internal medicine) and surgery at that time.

That applied to me. And I actually discerned a decision (this is super rare, usually I just do something and then afterwards groan about how I didn't discern.) I thought about it, talked about it with my mom, prayed about it, and switched with him.

Now my rotations are happening in this order:
  1. Psychiatry (one block)
  2. Family medicine (one block)
  3. Peds (one block)
  4. OB/GYN (one block)
  5. IMED (two blocks)
  6. Surgery (two blocks)
There were things I liked about the other schedule, but things I like about this one, too. And OB/GYN still has its protected place. Surgery will lure me like a carrot through things, and I'll have IMED close to STEP 2, which I hear is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment