- Should we be mourning miscarriages? Ectopic pregnancies? Vanishing twins? Partial molar pregnancies? Degenerated IVF blastocysts? What about blighted ova?
- Is hormonal contraception ever useable in sexually active women? In any woman of reproductive age?
- Are barriers licit to prevent STD transmission between spouses?
- Is emergency contraception ever useable in victims of rape? Which forms? (Paraguard? Which isn't currently to be given to victims of rape?)
- Is ovarian hyperstimulation licit?
- Is IVF licit?
- When is sterilization okay?
- What should we do for women who shouldn't have more children?
- What is parenthood? Genes, gestational carriers/surrogates, adoptive parents? How should men and women licitly become parents?
Friday, November 22, 2013
OB/GYN: The Hard Questions
So, this rotation makes me ask all kinds of questions. The first one is the most fundamental. When does life begin? And related to that...