Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sutured for the first time ever!

Source: tsunami-animal.org
Last week was really exhausting. I spent ten-hour days in clinic, looked up stuff my preceptor asked me to learn, attempted to be an informed citizen about the Supreme Court decision, and tried to maintain a prayer life and daily Mass. Phew!

A highlight, however, was Wednesday's surgeries. I stitched closed two surgical incisions! I am very happy because, although it was my first time suturing, I performed a subcuticular stitch and the closure was very neat. It was neater than my preceptor's, in fact; however, she closed three incisions for each one of mine. I also wonder how good a job I did to prevent complications like dehiscence and infection. My preceptor was pleased, though, and I was, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment