Tuesday, October 18, 2011

CMA plug

The Catholic Medical Association (CMA) is an excellent group: its theology is orthodox and its priorities are straight. I've been to one of their conferences before, and I was floored: solid philosophy, wholesome theology, strong science, daily Mass and confessions, relics of St. Gianna Molla, exposition of the Blessed Sacrament...I could go on. It has a Students Section (CMA-SS), and a student wrote a reflection on this year's conference:
This year’s national conference could not have come at a better time in my medical school career, a time when I am nervous about choosing my specialty and honestly struggling to balance my work responsibilities with the time needed to lead a fulfilling, God-centered life. I feel like God placed this 3 days of conference right where I needed them to re-center my purpose in medicine and to rededicate myself to a life centered around Christ. I once read that it is the most important things in life that we need reminded of most often. This conference was my reminder.

Continue Reading A Reflection on 2011 CMA Conference

Brian B., another student of CMA-SS blogs at The Catholic Medical Student. He is very articulate and writes longer, more focused pieces than I do. I highly recommend his work.

I am becoming a leader in my school's chapter of CMA-SS, so I'm thinking a lot about the CMA lately. I hope I can be a good leader; there are some lukewarm Catholics among my classmates, and I would love to aid Christ in seizing their souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment